PM Narendra Modi officially launched 5G Internet Services on October 1, 2022, at the 6th Indian Mobile Congress (IMC) in Delhi. 5G services are expected to provide users with uninterrupted high-speed connectivity combined with low latency, thereby changing the entire landscape of the industry. India’s two major telcos Airtel and Jio have chalked out aggressive plans for 5G in India.
Apart from proving high-speed internet, 5G services in the nation are projected to increase energy efficiency, network efficiency, and spectrum efficiency. It will pave a path for transformational change across various domains such as agriculture, education, the internet of things, small enterprises, intelligent homes, gaming, etc.
Jio, which is one of the largest telecom operators in the country has already announced its welcome offer. The company is also claiming that its subscribers will be able to enjoy “True 5G” in India. Let’s dwell deep into what is the Jio 5G welcome offer, how to secure an invite and how Jio plans to deliver “True 5G”.
Jio 5G launch in India
Reliance Jio has been investing in the 5G ecosystem for a while. It is giving tough competition to all other network carriers. On October 5, on the occasion of Dussehra, Jio announced that its services are now live in four cities – Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Varansi. Earlier at the IMC, Akash Ambani, Chairman, Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited had said that the company has chaled out, “ambitious and the fastest ever 5G roll-out plan for a country of our size”. The company had earlier announced that it will be launching 5G in four major Indian cities by this Diwali 2022. The only major difference is that it had earlier planned cities include Chennai instead of Varanasi. At the same event, Ambani also reiterated its earlier commitment to delivering 5G to every town, every taluka, and every tehsil of our country by December 2023.
5G in India is being deployed in two modes – Standalone and non-standalone. Jio has opted for a standalone mode in which it will have no dependency on the existing 4G network, contrary to its competition. It is also one of the reasons, why the company claims that it is offering True 5G. You may also explore Jio’s official website to know more about True 5G.
Jio 5G Internet speed
The claimed Internet speed of Jio 5G surpasses any imaginable parameter set by its predecessor technologies. Under Jio’s ‘True 5G welcome offer,’ the users will get unlimited 5G Data with up to 1 GB/ps + speeds. Many users have already got the invite to upgrade to 5G and have been taking to social media to share the download speeds that they are getting. Jio has said that it is working with handset partners to ensure the maximum number of users can get to try their True 5G. It further said that users will continue to avail of these benefits and speeds until the network coverage of the city is completed.
Jio 5G trials
Reliance Jio started its operations in 2016 with the promise of revolutionising the telecom space. It started a price war in the data space and forced its competition to match the pricing. It triggered a phase of consolidation in the telecom industry. It now is planning to follow the same aggressive stance with the 5G launch. On the eve of Dussehra, it announced 5G trials in select cities. The users in these cities will receive unlimited 5G data with speeds up to 1 Gbps. The eligible users are the ones that have 5G-enabled smartphones. If you want to check if you are eligible or have been invited, you can do so in your MyJio App.
— Aadarsh Shukla (@AadarshShuklag) October 7, 2022
Cities that already have Jio 5G
Jio is already available in over 200 cities, including- Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Varanasi, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Pune, Nathdwara, Kochi, Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada, Guntur, Tirumala, Lucknow, Trivandrum, Mysuru, Nashik, Aurangabad, Chandigarh, Mohali, Panchkula, Zirakpur, Kharar,Derabassi, and more.
Moreover, the Jio 5G is available in Gujarat, covering 33 district headquarters. Jio hopes to cover 3.3 million square kilometres of urban to rural India within a few years. The company will launch full-fledged 5G services in these cities in a phased-out manner. More details on the cities and the rollout plan are yet to be announced by Jio. The company, however, plans to cover the entire nation by December 2023. Airtel, in comparison, is planning to offer 5G to every nook and corner of the country by March 2024.
5G network speeds test: Airtel Vs Jio
Ookla, a mobile and network testing organization based in the United States, discovered that 5G download speeds in India reached 500 Mbps, peak rates exceeding 800 Mbps.
“This data suggests that operators are still recalibrating their networks. As these networks enter the commercial stage, the speeds are projected to become more steady,” the agency stated.
Reliance Jio 5G spectrums
Jio claims that it will offer ‘Standalone 5G service’ in India, contrary to many rivals. This type of service does not depend on existing 4G technology. Thus, investment and development time gets increased by many folds. At the recent spectrum auction, the company acquired spectrum keeping this need in mind. It believes that it will be able to offer True 5G and better speeds through this route.
Jio has extensively spent thousands of crores to acquire one of the most appropriate spectrum ranges. Jio disrupted all calculations by paying Rs. 40,000 crores to buy a 10 MHz spectrum in the 700-MHZ band, the default 3.5 GHz, and the ultra-speed and low latency millimetre band of 26 GHz band. The mm-wave band is expected to provide a significant capacity layer to Jio in high-traffic hotspots, including public infrastructures such as Railway Stations, Stadiums, and theatres.
Interestingly, the much-desired 700 MHz went unsold in the 2018 and 2021 auctions. However, Reliance emerged as a top bidder this time, and it is no surprise.
Price of Jio 5G Plans
The question that is on most users’ minds is the price. Some people believe that 5G services might pinch a hole in their pockets. However, contrary to popular belief, the prices of the 5G tariff will be affordable. Reports suggest that the pricing will be on the lower side now and the companies may increase it as the adoption increases. For now, the users that are on trial will be able to enjoy 5G services by Jio at the same cost as 4G.
— Praveen Bhajanka (@Pbhajanka) October 6, 2022
Generally, data consumed by a user in 5G is higher than that of 4G. This is another consideration that users may have to factor in.
Also Read: Airtel 5G to arrive first on Xiaomi, Samsung phones, affordable 5G plans expected
How to get Jio 5G welcome offer
Jio 5G services are now in four cities. If you are in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Varanasi, then you are eligible for the welcome offer by Jio to be a part of the 5G trials and experience True 5G. Here are a few things that you should know
- The offer is only valid for existing Jio users
- The existing users will get an invite to experience the True 5G
- If you are not in these four cities, then you don’t need to fret. As more cities will be added to the trial as the infrastructure in these cities gets ready.
- The users that are eligible will automatically be able to upgrade to 5G. Unlike an upgrade to 4G, users will not need to replace the SIM.
- Users will be able to enjoy 5G using the same SIM and will get a download speed of up to 1GB per second.
- For the trial period, users will get unlimited data.
- Jio has informed that it is working with device makers to make 5G available to the maximum number of users.
Reliance Jio 5G Latest News
- Reliance Jio announced the largest multi-state rollout of its True 5G services on December 28 in 11 cities, including Lucknow, Trivandrum, Mysuru, Nashik, Aurangabad, Chandigarh, Mohali, Panchkula, Zirakpur, Kharar, and Derabassi.
- Jio has extended its 5G network in the tech-savvy southern cities of Bengaluru and Hyderabad. It is an invite-only system, similar to those found in other cities. Here’s everything you need to know about it.
- Jio 5G launched Beta service in selected cities on the eve of Dussehra (October 5). It was the first 5G service available to users in India. Also, a crucial requirement for the users taking part in this Beta test would be a 5G-supporting handset device with enough supported 5G bands to use the Jio 5G service. The service is currently in the trial stage and all users with 5G-enabled smartphones will be able to use these services. The users with 4G SIM cards will be automatically upgraded to the testing program. For more latest updates, you can check out Jio’s official website.
- To complement the 5G services, Reliance Jio on October 4 launched its budget laptop – JioBook. Priced at Rs 19,500, the JioBook laptop comes with an 11.6-inch display bearing an HD resolution and a 60Hz refresh rate. Under the hood, the Jio Book laptop houses Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 665 processor coupled with Adreno 610 GPU. The device packs 2GB RAM and 32GB onboard storage expandable via a microSD card slot. The budget laptop runs on JioOS which seems to be a customised version of Windows.
- On October 11, Reliance Jio smashed 5G download records by clocking 600 Mbps (598.58 Mbps) median download speed in Delhi. The report has been shared by Ookla Speed Test. The report also adds that the median download speed on Airtel 5G is 197.98 Mbps.
The post Reliance Jio 5G – Launch in India, Plans, 5G Internet Speed, Trials, Welcome Offer and More appeared first on Pricebaba.com Daily.